Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three Years

Yesterday my amazing husband and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary! It's crazy to think that it's already been three years! We have been so blessed in our relationship. It's amazing to me that I could fall more in love with him each day. I know, sappy... but it's true! Here's just a re-cap on our anniversary's thus far.

Our first wedding anniversary - the Paper anniversary. This year was not as great. Darren had to be in California for an Irrigation show, and I was stuck in Lubbock with a fractured pelvis. Needless to say we didn't get to do very much. We had a nice dinner at home and just enjoyed each other's company. Darren gave me a book by my favorite author and hand wrote me the most amazing letter ever. It was so sweet. I made Darren a canvas with different trinkets from our wedding, including paper from the luminaries and some scrapbook paper. (Not as sweet as his!)

Our second wedding anniversary - the Cotton anniversary. This anniversary was hard for us because we were frustrated that we were not expecting yet. I had bought Darren a t-shirt that said "First time Daddy" and some other presents. I was hoping that surely I'd be able to give him the t-shirt then, but alas, God had other plans! So, he still got to open the t-shirt but it stayed in our dresser for a really long time after that! Darren got me a beautiful shirt and jewelry to match! We again had a great meal at home and celebrated our love.

Our third wedding anniversary - the Leather anniversary. This was yesterday! Woo hoo! We knew that we weren't going to really get to celebrate this night, but we knew we had our weekend get-away planned... our little baby-moon! We had our CYO kiddos over for a pizza social, and had fun hanging out and talking with them. After they left we had sparkling grape juice in our toasting flutes from our wedding and cookies, hehe. We were glad to spend this year with our pets and our still cookin' baby boy! ;-)

Each year I save the wine bottle from our anniversary celebration. I also have the one from our wedding night and our engagement night. I write on the bottles their significance so we'll remember. This year Darren said we definitely had to save our grape juice bottle (which looks like a champagne bottle anyway) so that we'd always know that this year was the year we finally had a baby on the way! It was pretty awesome I must admit. I am one blessed woman - great husband, great family, great friends, great faith, and a baby on the way!

"Jesus said: “From the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate.”" ~ Matthew 19: 3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment