Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Count Your Blessings #3

Today I am thankful that God has blessed me with carrying a child. Although he's not here yet, I still consider myself a mother and am so grateful for that. After a year of trying to get pregnant, it seemed like it was going to be a long road for us. We had never even thought about the what if's that might have come. Luckily God blessed us and has given us the miracle of life! We are taking care of baby boy as best we can and we cannot wait to meet him (this Spring.. he better not come out now!). I feel so blessed, especially after hearing about others struggles with infertility... makes mine seem pale in comparison.

I received this e-mail from babyzone and thought it was cute. 8 Things to be thankful for during pregnancy:
1. A supportive partner (check! My husband is AMAZING)
2. Naps (half check! I do get to lay down on my lunch break which is nice, but all too short!)
3. Your body pillow (half check! I like mine ok, but I still need to get used to using it instead of getting to roll around as much as I'd like, hehe)
4. The second trimester (check! It has been awesome!!!! It truly is the golden trimester!)
5. A whole new outlook (check! I now feel more blessed than I ever could have imagined, and it has definitely brought my husband and I even closer... if that was possible! Plus, who knew that they could love someone so much when they weren't even out of the tummy yet! lol)
6. The first ultrasound (check! Ours was amazing and I will never forget it. I will also never forget the feeling when we heard his heartbeat for the first time, when we saw him move on the ultrasound, or when we found out that we were having a boy!)
7. The beauty of a big belly (half check! It's getting bigger and it is definitely so fun to finally look pregnant, not fat! haha, but I can't wait to grow even more!)
8. Be thankful - but a little sad - that it doesn't last forever (not a check yet! I love being pregnant so far! Now, I did luck out and was only sick for about 2 weeks, and even then it was nothing I couldn't handle. I've been pretty blessed to not have any other major pregnancy symptoms, so, yes, I'm sad it doesn't last forever, but will be so glad when I am holding my baby boy!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment