Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

21 Weeks

I fail, I know... I don't even have a picture to upload this week. I meant to take one last night at the wedding shower, which technically I would have already been in to week 22, but it was close enough... and then I forgot. So, I apologize! I'll have LOTS of great pictures of baby boy tomorrow though because we go for our 3D Anatomy ultrasound! Hooray! =) Yet again, I'll pretend like I wrote this on Friday! ;-)

The 21 Week Survey

How far along?: 20 weeks and 6 days!

Total weight gain: Still hovering around 10 pounds, might be 11 now!

How big is baby?: About 3/4 of a pound and 10 1/2 inches! About the size of a carrot!

Maternity clothes?: Love them, hehe, except still getting used to the bella-bands and maternity pants. I just think I have really dry and itchy skin!

Stretch marks?: No but I'm getting scared!

Sleep: Still can't get my back to stop hurting, but it is definitely better now with my maternity pillow. Other than that I have been sleeping through the night no problem!

Best moment this week: Feeling baby boy kick for the first time! It was so neat! I of course googled it to make sure that it what it was supposed to feel like, haha!

Movement: Felt his first kicks after lunch on November 12th! It was so cool!

Food cravings: My white chocolate oreo cookies.... they're heavenly! I've already managed to polish off two boxes... but hey, Darren helped!

Gender: We'll be double checking at our anatomy appointment, hehe, but doctors said that they were almost 100% it was a boy!

Labor Signs: Negative!

Belly Button in or out?
: Barely an innie!

What I miss:
Fitting in to regular clothes... even t-shirts are starting to get too tight. And all of my winter clothes are not going to fit, so it's so good that Cristina lent me some great clothes!

What I am looking forward to: Our anatomy appointment!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekly Wisdom:
Google is awesome and should be everyone's home page! ;-) I google everything relating to pregnancy, motherhood, etc...

Milestones: Baby boy is finally starting to get some meat on those bones! Fat that is! From babycenter: You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now! From babyzone: A lot is going on for Baby this week. Fat, for one thing. The little guy is finally putting on some chub, a process that will continue for the rest of gestation. With fat underneath it, his skin no longer looks so translucent. His fingernails cover the nail beds completely (and may even need cutting when he's born!) and his eyelids and eyebrows are fully formed. But it's his brain development that's really taking off: This week, the sensory neurons (the nerves that communicate the sense of touch) are starting to connect to the brain, so the baby is beginning to feel touch. Touch is one of the most important senses at birth and the sensory neurons will continue to hook up to the brain for the rest of the pregnancy. Researchers believe that those nonstop kicks and all that squirming help to program the brain.

1 comment:

  1. Your skin is itchy just because it's stretching in ways it never has before. I remember itching SO BAD with Kaitlyn. I felt like a fat man scratching all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete