Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

22 Weeks

The 22 Week Survey

How far along?: 21 weeks and 6 days! Time is flying by!

Total weight gain: We're up to about 13 pounds! And now I should gain about a pound a week!

How big is baby?: At our anatomy ultrasound he was 14 ounces! Almost a whole pound! Already up to 11 1/2" and I swear over half of that is legs!

Maternity clothes?: Loving all of my stuff from Cristina, haha. =) T-shirts now are also almost not fitting. They're getting too short!

Stretch marks?: I keep checking, but haven't found any yet!

Sleep: Would be a lot better if there wasn't an oil rig outside our window! Ok, so I'm being dramatic. It's a good 3/4 mile away, but it feels like it is right outside! I have to run the humidifier to have white noise that drowns out all of their racket!

Best moment this week: Darren got to feel little boy kick! It was amazing! Most kicks are not that strong but for some reason he wanted his daddy to know that he was in there and doing great!

Movement: I love his kicks... I am starting to know his routine. For instance, he wakes up around 9am and 9pm, and has some movement in between. He loves when I am laying still, he goes crazy with the kicks! Like right now for instance! Thud... thud... thud!

Food cravings: I ate two plates full of my stacked enchilladas the other night... they were soooo goood! ;-)

Gender: He's definitely a boy!! No doubt about it!

Labor Signs: Negative!

Belly Button in or out?
: Borderline flat... haha.

What I miss:
Relaxing. It seems like we never have any free time. We're always on the go. Never home on weekends.... I'm ready to just sleep in and chill out! My house is a wreck but there's no time to clean! And it's going to get worse when baby boy makes his arrival, haha!

What I am looking forward to: CHRISTMAS! ;-)

Weekly Wisdom:
Last week I talked about how google was awesome... now I am going to say to NOT over-google yourself. After finding out about my placenta condition I seriously googled myself into a frenzy... and that only led to worrying which is totally uncalled for. So, don't overgoogle! Trust your medical professionals, because they're most likely not  going to lie to you (especially when it's your family like ours is)!

Milestones: Baby can hear now: the gurgle of your digestion, the muffled, watery sound of your voice, and your strong and reassuring heartbeat that has been his constant companion. There are teeth buds under his gums, and hair sprouting on his head. His tiny fingers are strong enough to grip things now, and fetuses at this age are often spotted holding the umbilical cord. Though he practices breathing movements all the time now, his lungs aren't mature enough to breathe on their own. The complicated brain-to-eye wiring that will allow the baby to see is working like crazy this week, though it may be more than a month before his fused eyelids open. - babycenter   - - In other news, my doctor told me I don't have to try to gain anymore weight.. just gain naturally! Woo hoo! Getting fatter!

This may be one of the last ones bare-belly... we'll see!

I still think I look bigger in person, haha!

1 comment: