Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

36 Week Survey

The 36 Week Survey

How far along?: 35 weeks and 6 days!

Total weight gain: 34 pounds.... I'm hoping to not exceed 40 pounds, but we'll see!

How big is baby?: About 6 pounds... one website compared the baby to a cantaloupe, hehe!

Maternity clothes?: Ahhh... yes. Even some medium t-shirts are looking tight!

Stretch marks?: Still none! Although we won't talk about my linea negra!

Sleep: I think God is trying to prepare me for baby. Or maybe my animals have some 6th sense where they are trying to do the same. The past week I have gotten up about 3 times per night. Once at 1:30am-ish, 3:30am-ish, and 5:30am-ish... then the alarm goes off quarter to 7. So, needless to say, I'm ready for those every 2 hour feedings! Just maybe not the staying awake for an hour during!

Best moment this week: Taking our maternity pictures with the amazing Britni! Seriously, our cousin is only 17 years old (just turned!) and she is a very talented photographer and photo-editor. Can't wait to share them! =) Also, getting the crib together and the nursery more put together with my dad and Maggie! It was so great to have them for a short visit!

Movement: I admit, I don't even do my kick counts. There is no need. He moves SO much! I really think he's starting to stretch out his arms about once every hour because I seriously get some sharp little elbows to the belly. Too low to be his feet, so they are definitely elbows! Yesterday I got kicked, HARD, in the ribs. That was not nice of baby boy!

Food cravings: This week's theme... ice cream! I bought ice cream for when my dad and Maggie came and I have had a bowl almost every night. Plus, after our birthing class on Monday I made Darren take me to Baskin Robbins. Those people probably KNEW it was a pregnancy craving!

Gender: Future Momma's Boy! ;-)

Labor Signs: None.... I'm beginning to wonder how to prepare myself for when contractions start. Besides leg cramps nothing in my pregnancy has been painful... so this should be interesting!

Belly Button in or out?
: Still just hanging out at a flat-y! We won't talk about how much my belly button ring holes have stretched... =( Stupid college girl mistake! I only had that thing in for about a year! It's been out for almost 4 years and yet it's stretching like crazy. Boo.

What I miss:
Uninterrupted sleep. I guess I should get used to that! hehe...

What I am looking forward to: March!!!!! Our due date month! There is only a month to go! I can't believe it!

Weekly Wisdom:
Don't procrastinate your childbirth classes, if you're going to take them. You'll only look like the world's biggest procrastinator when you have to introduce yourself and say your due date in front of the whole class, who are all due in May or end of April. Oops! ;-) Guilty as charged!

Milestones: I think I'm starting to swell. I take my socks off and they leave imprints on my legs. Also, I can't get my wedding ring off. Oops! I bet if I tried hard enough I could, but I just don't care! From babycenter: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)

Still no growth.. hmm.

I feel rounder!

Sneak peak of the nursery!!!
 Fun(?) Facts:
- Waist at belly button: Still 40 1/2"
- Current weight: 147.8 pounds

1 comment:

  1. My Dad told me that I would one day regret piercing my belly button and while pregnant when the tiny little dot of a scar branched of to look like a gigantic tree I thought "Hmm, go figure, he was right..." Lol. Kristen you look wonderful. I cannot get over how healthy and great you look. And I squealed when I saw the bedding! I cannot wait to see more of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete