Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

35 Week Survey

The 35 Week Survey

How far along?: 34 weeks and 6 days!

Total weight gain: 32 pounds... I just don't know where it's going!

How big is baby?: Supposedly somewhere around 5 1/2 pounds.. holy moly... and anywhere between 19 and 22 inches. Basically he's fully grown, just gaining fat! (And so is Mommy.... hehe)

Maternity clothes?: Yes, in fact, I wore some regular shorts the other day and they made me laugh so hard. They were WAY below my belly so that they would fit (these were even those stretchy sophie shorts). All non-maternity t-shirts have to be mediums or else they don't cover my belly! ;-) It gives Darren a good laugh!

Stretch marks?: NOPE!!! And I asked my mom this weekend and she said that she didn't get any either! Isn't it supposed to be hereditary or something? Or at least you're more predisposed to get them if your mom got them? Either way, I still don't have them!

Sleep: Last night I got up around 2:30 because I thought I was going to pee the bed! haha... Note to self: Don't guzzle water right before bed! Other than that I think I am finally getting in to a comfort routine where I wedge myself up against a million pillows and it seems to work. Ha!


Best moment this week: My baby shower... having my mom here and doing fun baby stuff with her... seeing friends and family! 

Movement: Definitely. He's a mover! He likes to move at night..... almost all night. I think he has his days and nights backwards, which I've heard women say happened to them. Great! =/ However, I like it when he moves! The coolest thing is that Darren can seriously solicit a movement from little guy... he will put his hand on my belly and play around a little and baby will play back! It's so crazy! If there is ever a time when he hasn't moved in a while then I make Darren get a movement to make sure he's still doing ok! ;-) It's funny!

Food cravings: I bought yet another box of the persian rolls today. Seriously. Those things are like crack.

Gender: I cannot wait to meet our baby boy!!!!!!!! He has so many cute things now from the shower and I can't wait for him to get to use it all!

Labor Signs: Still none... not even a hint of a braxton hicks contraction. I don't quite understand it, but I'll take it!!!

Belly Button in or out?
: No change. Still out no top but no turkey timer! Hooray!!!!

What I miss:
My mommy!!! Having her here was so amazing. I can't wait til she comes back when the baby is born! 

What I am looking forward to: My dad is coming to help put together the crib and finish up a bunch of other nursery details! I can't wait to get it all together and ready for baby!

Weekly Wisdom:
This is just a funny one since I can't come up with anything better... but, DON'T eat Mexican food if you've been suffering from bad pregnancy induced heartburn. That's just dumb. It'll only hurt you. ::Note to self: take own advice!:: Now for a real one... time to start packing the hospital bag! Since little guy could essentially decide to come at any time (let's hope not) then we need to be prepared ahead of time! Don't wait until it's too late to get all of your ducks in a row! I bought a new duffel bag today so that it can be packed and ready to go!

Milestones: Well, I'm supposed to be having a bunch of braxton hicks contractions, but they're not here... so here's what else they have to say! Kidneys are fully developed now and the liver can process waste! Almost all physical developments are complete so now it's just time to put on some more weight! There is now more baby than amniotic fluid, so that's why his movements HURT. Mommy also has to pee ALL of the time because there is no room for my bladder anymore, and little boy likes to push against it!

No growth this week!

Where is the weight going? hehe

Had to get one with my Pearly-Pearl!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you look beautiful. I totally get the Mexican thing, but I craved cheese enchiladas and chips and salsa while pregnant. Adding you to my St Gerard prayer list for expectant mother's.

    I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online…come by for a visit and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete