Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Minute

Time for another Monday Minute! Happy Valentine's Everyone! I plan on spending the evening relaxing with my AMAZING husband on our LAST Valentine's without a little one! So exciting! =D




(1) What's your favorite kind of cake? (post a recipe if you have time)
Definitely this Reeses Peanut Butter Cake that Carylon made for Easter one year. I've since then tried the recipe twice and it did not disappoint! So good... if you love peanut butter and chocolate, and aren't afraid of calories!

1 devil’s food cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups (plus more for garnishing – I used 2 bags)
8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup peanut butter
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 9-inch cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Line with wax paper and coat paper.
  • In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides after 1 minute. Fold in 2 cups of the chopped peanut butter cups.
  • Pour batter into pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  • Cool cakes completely.
  • Place chopped dark chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring cream just to a boil and then pour over chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
  • Trim each cake layer so the tops are flat. Place one layer on a cooling rack and pour 1 cup frosting on top. Spread evenly with a spatula. Add second layer and pour remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Smooth out with spatula.
  • Allow frosting to set for a minute and gently press remaining chopped peanut butter cup pieces all over top and sides of cake. Place in refrigerator for about an hour to set. Remove and serve.
(2) Do you like getting massages?
Yes! I especially love them when they're coming from my wonderful husband! I wish I had the money to go out and get professional massages every now and then, but that's ok! We had a couples massage on our honeymoon and it was so awesome! We both loved it!

(3) Would you consider yourself Neat Nelly or Messy Bessy?
Can I be a combination of both? I am very organized at work, but at home not so much. I was always very organized with school also.... so, I don't know!

(4) Are you shy about going to the restroom in public places?

Nope, don't really care! Not shy about going at home either with the door open, haha! Well, only if Darren's the only one there!

(5) Did you have your dream wedding or would you redo it if  you had the chance?

I wouldn't redo anything! It was so amazing. We loved each and every moment of it! I guess the only thing I'd change is that I would win the lottery first, haha... not really, but I do wish we had more money so that we could have had everything we wanted... such as a live band. Regardless it still was the most amazing day of my life (for now, hehe), and I loved it so much!!!


What a wonderful wedding!

Happy to be Mr. and Mrs.!

No comments:

Post a Comment