Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Preparing for Baby!

It's that time - time to start nesting! Time to get everything ready for this baby boy, who will be here in less than 70 days (hopefully, haha!). I can't believe what little time we have left, but am so excited! We have started work on the nursery, and have started also trying to get our guest rooms upstairs all set up. Not to mention the rest of the house! Seeing as we'll be having a lot of company pretty soon, it was time to make things nice for our guests! We were a little bad about not decorating anything but the rooms that we spent time in, i.e. the downstairs part of the house, so now it's crunch time for the upstairs! This weekend we, and by "we" I mean Darren, my in-laws, Britni, and Granny, started to paint the nursery! It looks great already! Mommy didn't plan too well though and we already ran out of paint. haha. Oops! We'll work more on it this weekend.
Daddy priming the nursery! No more ugly brown!
Gia (Andrea's possible name) and Daddy hard at work!
Once we get everything painted then we can start to move in furniture and get it all assembled! I ordered a glider online and it came in this week. It's perfect! The wood matches the crib almost exactly, it's really comfy, and best part is that the curvature on the crib is the same as the arms on the chair! So, it really looks like a match set! I am ordering a hutch online as well (risky, I know...) because we can't find any in our price range at any stores in Texas it seems. Plus, it's so hard to find things in natural oak nowadays. Everything comes in that dark mahogany or ebony... not what we're going for! I love the natural wood look, and plus, it's timeless!
Oh yes, this will work just fine!
Such a handy daddy!
We also sucked it up and used some of our Christmas money, that we designated as purely baby money, to buy a nice new camera. We knew we needed one for when the baby is here! Being the bargain shopper that I am, I found one on amazon (brand new) for $100 less than in stores, plus it was free shipping! We got a Canon Ti, one of those fancy-shmancy DSLR's. So far I LOVE it. We just got it in yesterday so I haven't had much time to play with it, but already it takes amazing pictures. Being the tight budgeted people that we are, we will most likely be taking all of our pictures of the kiddo ourselves, rather than getting a professional to do them. Unless we win the lottery between now and then, but I don't see that happening! This way we can do it! We're also saving money by having our VERY talented cousin(sister) take our maternity pictures! Britni is such an amazing photographer, and has already impressed us beyond belief with her talent! Can't wait to take them!
His new toy!

Perfect for capturing babies!

See explanation below!!!
So, in the above picture, you may be thinking... hmm, ok, that's cool. BUT, what you don't know is that this was taken in the dark! Darren used the long exposure on the camera to capture in a bunch of light. The coolest part is that you can see stars in the sky! I promise, you couldn't see all of this if you walked outside! This camera rocks, and my hubby is an awesome photographer!!!

It's not been fun doing all this preparation and trying to stay on a tight tight budget, but I really think we're making it work. We're blessed to have awesome friends and family who are either letting us borrow or have some old baby gear, and we have so many great people who are willing to help us get things done! I must say I have honed my bargain shopping skills! ;-) I don't buy anything unless I'm getting it for a great price! Which, I mean, shouldn't everyone?! I don't get how some people can go and buy a $1500 hutch or crib, and not even blink. Oh well... whatever floats your boat! It would just sink mine, haha! ;-)

We're blessed beyond measure, and can't wait to meet our little one! I'll post later about our 3D/4D ultrasound that we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment