Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

This time last year all I could think about was babies.... Wanting a baby, Trying for baby, Hoping for a baby, Praying for a baby... This year, I am in my 29th week, and can't believe that in less than 3 months I will be holding my baby boy. Wow. God is so good.

2010 was a crazy year for us. I graduated at the end of 2009 and we moved to Garden City where we started working on a house from the 1940's. We shivered through the winter (literally, it was about 49 in our house at all times because propane was too expensive to run the heater at all times!), but enjoyed our little home. I began work for Eco-Drip, and left the life of the student. It was a great transition, I must say! In the spring we had to put Darren's old family dog Deets down, which was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. However, God soon replaced our animal love with a great addition. We got our puppy Pearl in the late spring, and have never had a dull day since! We also got two kitties, so added to our family pretty fast! In the summer we found out that we could move in to the big country house if we wanted to, so of course we said yes! Little did we know at the time that we would need more room! I took a round of clomid in June to help with my fertility problems, and as you all know, it worked! It was a hard month as the meds really did a number on me! Hot flashes in June are NOT fun! In July we went to visit my family in New York, and on our first morning there learned that we were pregnant! We were beyond the moon excited, but managed to keep it a secret until we were home and could do more tests, plus go see our doctor! In August I found out that I was accepted into the Masters of Agriculture program through Texas A&M. I was beyond excited to finally get my masters and get my degree from A&M! We continued to work on our new house throughout the summer and beginning of fall, and moved in to the house in September. Pregnancy was really not too bad, I was just tired all of the time, so we enjoyed the fall together by going to the Bearkat football games, and by taking a vacation for our 3 year wedding anniversary. This winter we visited family in Arizona, finally, and I got to see my mom for the first time since I had been pregnant. We had a wonderful last Christmas without any kiddos, and a great New Years Eve!

In 2010 I grew to love my husband even more than I could have ever imagined. Although the stresses of fertility problems were not fun to deal with, he always was right there, reassuring me, praying with me, and more than anything, loving me. He is my best friend and I know he will be such an amazing father to our little boy, and our kids to come! He already is the best dad ever to our puppy Pearl! ;-) She adores him, and that's an understatement! haha! We have been together over 6 years and married for over 3 now... my how time flies!

We know that 2011 will be a year we'll never forget! We can't wait to meet our blessing from above! Praying for a wonderful year for all of our readers as well! We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment