Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

30 Week Survey

The 30 Week Survey

How far along?: 29 weeks and 5 days!

Total weight gain:  25 big 'ole pounds!

How big is baby?:About 3 pounds, 17 inches, and the size of a butternut squash!

Maternity clothes?: This week the maternity clothes were coupled with scarves, leggings under my pants, and heavy jackets! It was cooollllddd!

Stretch marks?: Still none, woo hoo!

Sleep: Still having my daily wake up calls to go pee. Little boy hasn't really kept me awake though, so that's good! I am starting to get realllly tired again. Like right now, I should be sleeping!

Best moment this week: Seeing our baby boy! At one point we could see him hiccuping, and I could feel it! It was so neat! Also, it was great to hear that he is doing well growth wise... what a relief so far!

Movement: All the time! It makes mommy happy because then I don't have to worry! ;-)

Food cravings: Hi, my name is Kristen, and I am addicted to Reeses. Oh wait, that was pre-pregnancy! hehe... but still, loving my candy!

Gender: Cute cute cute cute baby boy!

Labor Signs: Nope, thank goodness!!!

Belly Button in or out?
: The top pokes out, and it's hard to even tell there was a hole there at one point in time!

What I miss:
Not being short of breath. The other night it freaked me out! Tonight I was leaning over and apparently by leaning over I made even less room for my lungs, so got a little light headed. Oye.

What I am looking forward to: Painting the baby's room! We're going to start tomorrow, but it'll be a process! Everything upstairs needs kilz before we can paint. Not fun!

Weekly Wisdom:
Don't forget about your hubby! It's usually all about the momma during this stage, but the daddy is usually doing a lot of the manual labor, while momma handles the real labor. haha! My hubby has been so amazing and helped so much around the house, so it's always great to remind him how much it means to me!

Milestones:Wow. 10 Weeks to go! Next week will be single digits! Now for some baby info! This week and the weeks to come, baby is busy plumping up. He's laying down two kinds of fat beneath his skin: brown adipose to generate body heat and white adipose that is an energy source and helps infants maintain their body temperature. By the end of the week baby will have made about 2 ounces of fat, which is about 3.5% of his body weight. By the time he's born fat will account for 15% of his body weight, which means a major growth spurt is coming! While the baby is still kicking and jabbing like crazy, he's already settled in to his head down position! Bone marrow has taken over the production of red blood cells, and his brain has been growing like crazy! He'll be so smart!

Not much change measurement wise. Like Pearl's nose?
Where did the weight gain go? hehe
Daddy wanted in a picture! ;-)
Fun(?) Facts:
- Waist at belly button: Still 38"
- Weight at start of pregnancy: 113.6
- Current Weight: 138.6 - yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment