Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

38 Week Survey

The 38 Week Survey

How far along?: 37 weeks and 6 days! Only two weeks to go! HOORAY!

Total weight gain: 37 pounds! Not too shabby for only two weeks to go!

How big is baby?: Probably around 7 pounds or so. We'll know for sure on Tuesday!

Maternity clothes?: Why of course... This week I had trouble because even my stretchy pants are getting tight and uncomfortable! I come home and put PJ's on, haha.

Stretch marks?: No.. could I really make it all the way without them?! Please, yes!

Sleep: These past few nights were a bit better. I made myself get into bed by 10pm or earlier so that I could turn the lights out at 10pm. Then I only got up once around midnight and slept straight until 7. Maybe my body is telling me that I need all of the sleep I can get because something's about to happen!

Best moment this week: Deciding on our birth plan and how we want labor to go, or how we'd like to see labor go. Also, we put the car seat in the Jeep and I've definitely noticed that he's dropped! I eat a ton more, and he's been pushing hard on my pelvis and sciatic nerve.

Movement: He's still quite the mover. Tonight I sat at the kitchen counter and Andrea, Britni and Granny all got to feel him move around like crazy. Britni was a tad freaked out by some of his more pronounced movements, hehe..

Food cravings: No not really! I did eat a TON of oreos in the past few days though!

Gender: The sweetest, most cute, adorable baby boy in the whole wide world!

Labor Signs: I was afraid that something was happening on Wednesday, but as I mentioned it turned out to be nothing. Hoping to start feeling something soon!

Belly Button in or out?
: You know, it used to stick out and now I guess since he's dropped down there is more of an indention at my belly button. It's still flat as can be, but just not trying to pop out anymore!

What I miss:
Unlimited soda. haha.... I am a Dr Pepper gal, that's for darn sure, and I would LOVE to drink a huge glass whenever I wanted, but I have limited my caffeine intake all pregnancy. I still drink about 12oz of soda a day, sometimes none in a day, so I still definitely get my "fix", but just not as much as I'd like, haha!

What I am looking forward to: Tuesday! Our ultrasound in Midland which will tell us how big baby is, make sure he's still in the right positions, and if for some reason he's stopped growing because of the placenta problem, then we'll be scheduled to deliver. It's driving me crazy to not know yet!

Weekly Wisdom:
Create a birth plan with your spouse or your "coach" as they say in our birthing class. Talking about what you'd like to have happen beforehand is going to make things so much easier... or at least that is what I am telling myself! I really hope we are able to stick to our birth plan! I've also been walking every evening, or when we get home before dark that is, and it has definitely made me feel better!

Milestones: You're at a milestone: 38 weeks marks full term pregnancy status! The pain of backaches and leg cramps are swallowed up by excitement about your baby's impending arrival. You may experience false contractions off and on throughout the day. Inside your body, your cervix is readying for delivery. You may notice clear to white vaginal discharge, sometimes streaked with blood, as your cervix thins (or effaces).

In honor of the Big 12 semifinal game!

Definitely dropped, huh?!
Fun(?) Facts:
- Waist at belly button: 42" (an inch in a week? Yeah, he's definitely lower!)
- Current weight:  150.6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment