Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mama's Getting Her Masters!

It's official! I am now accepted as the newest and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2012! Wow, that sounds old... especially considering I was '04 in High School, '08 (originally) in college, and the kiddos I now teach at CCD will be class of '15!!!

I'm pumped but know that this is all conditional upon how much it will cost this first semester. If I can't pull the funds out of my butt as fast as needed then I will have to defer acceptance until the Spring or later... =( I plan to apply for AS MANY scholarships/grants as humanly possible, but seeing as deadlines for Fall '10 admission were way back in the Spring, I'll have to get them in before December for Spring '11.

I still can't believe that I will be getting my masters. I've always been a nerd, so it means a lot to me to further my education. Plus, I'm freaking getting my Aggie ring and diploma... something I have coveted since I was accepted way back in 2003.

While at A&M I was anything BUT a 2%'er. For those of you who don't know, Aggies call other Aggies who don't participate in anything 2%ers. Haha, rough I know. I lived in the dorms, participated in every Big Event, attended as many Silver Taps as I could, went to Muster, went to Midnight Yells, football games, Bonfire (student ran off-campus)... the list goes on and on. I participated in student organizations, etc. etc.. I tried to participate in every single tradition that I could, and made sure that I bled maroon. During my time at Tech I still considered A&M my school... which, yes, was wrong. But, I couldn't help it! A&M had a piece of my heart and there was no way around that! I am just so happy to get accepted and to begin this journey!

WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment