Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Feeling Blessed Beyond Measure

Today has been amazing. First, we went in for our first doctors appointment! It was just a routine checkup - they took a lot of blood (that I thought I needed! How dare them! lol), did a urine analysis, told me all the do's and do not's of being pregnant, got our medical history, etc etc... They told me that my first ultrasound would not be until 10 weeks... but I knew I had an insider! After my appointment Carylon snuck us in for a sneak peak of Baby Hillger! It was amazing. Words cannot even describe..... After taking a bit to find my uterus, Carylon said "Oh, there it is!", and then said "And, we have a heartbeat!". She pointed the monitor towards me so that I could see. It was beautiful! There was our tiny tiny baby, and his/her little heart going 90 for nothing! All we could see was a flutter in the color but that was all I needed. Our baby was healthy! Hooray! We go again in 2 weeks for my 10 week appointment and ultrasound. YAY!!!!!! I cannot wait to see our little blessing again!

We also broke the news to facebook, family and friends today. The response has been overwhelming, but so awesome. Andrea and Scotty were about to burst at the seams from keeping the secret, so they were relieved to finally be able to tell everyone! We are just so happy that God has brought us to this point in our lives. It's been a long road and we feel so incredibly blessed.


Baby Hillger at 6weeks and 6days


Seeing the heart beating was an amazing experience.

What we saw was a lot better than this, but either way, it's awesome!

“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment