Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Minute

Today Cristina posted on her blog the "monday minute", of which she is up for hosting and I will give you details Wednesday on how to vote for her! So anyway, here we are with no Internet, except phones, and no tv, so I'm blogging! I promise to update on the baby bump soon!! ;-) Until then enjoy the following!

1 - Who is your favorite childhood superhero?

I would have to say Batman. Growing up with 2 little brothers during the time when batman was cool led to seeing every movie and owning every action figure. Haha... We never really did comics so if it wasn't on tv/movie we didn't really know about them. Oh, I just came up with a better answer..... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!! They were awesome - and hey, they were superhero worthy in my book!

2 - List something you have done for pure shock value.

Hmm.. I'm not really that crazy. I do have to say that my junior year at A&M, my roommate and I decided it would be fun to try to dye our hair.... Keep on mind hers was black and mine light brown. So we bought the "wash out in 30 days" dye and off we went. Mine turned out maroon.... No lie. And naturally, hers didn't take. Now this may have not been intentional for shock value, but it definitely created a shock! :-) mayyybe I'll post a picture later... If you're lucky!

3 - What is the most recent thing someone has said/done to you that left you picking your jaw up off of the floor.

Man these are tough questions! I'm gonna go with a dumb one just cause I can't think, but we found out our insurance deductible is going to start over on January 1st... So looks like unless my indemnity plan kicks in, we'll be paying for all prenatal care and having the baby out of pocket. You gotta love healthcare.... Don't get me started!!

4 - Do you have a moment where you gained clarity about your life?

I think when I was a sophomore in college I realized that there was no way I could become a vet, and that I needed to change majors or something.... Then I realized that life was hard as a grown up, ha.. And that supporting myself took a lot of work! I don't know... It was a rough year filled with a lot of life changes, but I definitely decided to grow up and figure out my life then!

5 - What are you doing to achieve your biggest dream?

I've always held great dreams for myself and worked as hard as I could to achieve them. In high school I made a list of everything that I wanted to accomplish, and checked off every single one. I've kept this up... I graduated top of my class, summa cum laude, from Tech back in December, but I knew my education did not stop there. I knew I wanted masters... My aggie ring and aggie diploma. So, I made the decision to go back to school. I'm pregnant, working full time, and totally involved in my community, but I'm now a grad student! Whoop! It'll be hard, I'm sure, but I'm damn proud of myself for working towards my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment