Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Holy Week

Easter is upon us - Spring is in the air.... The weeds are growing in the grass, and the wind won't stop blowing, lol.. yup, it must be almost April! I love Holy Week. It is an amazing time to reflect upon the greatest gift we've ever received - the death of our Christ upon the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. This year we'll be doing the music for the masses on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm excited about that! It'll be another way for us to get involved in the church and give back.

The other reason I am excited about the week/weekend is that I should ovulate soon! Hopefully Friday or sometime right after that. Friday would be for a normal 28 day cycle, and well, we all know I'm no where near normal... so we'll see. I am taking my temperature but not doing the opk tests. First off I ran out of them and did not order more, and secondly I don't think they worked very well anyway. I never got a positive test when I was taking them before. I don't know if that was because I didn't take them at the right time, or what... but either way I'm not doing them this month. We've been super relaxed - I promise - and are just praying that our time comes soon!

If we were to get pregnant our new due date would be Christmas Eve... ha! What a nice Christmas present that would be! Although I never wanted a Christmas baby, I will take a baby ANY time that God would like to give me one!

It's amazing how your mindset changes when you're trying to have a baby and it's not working (yet). I used to think, ok, I don't want to have a baby during the busy season because then I'd be missing work during a crucial time. Then I thought, ok, I don't want to be super pregnant during the hot summer or the freezing winter. Now, I just don't care! I honestly am just ready!!

Other than the usual baby makin' news, we're just enjoying each others company. We love spending time alone together, it is truly amazing. The other night we laid in bed and talked for a good hour before going to sleep. It was so nice. We did spend about fifteen of those minutes talking about babies, hehe..

Let's hope for an Easter miracle!!

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."" - John 11: 25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment