Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The News

Last week Darren and I traveled to New York to visit my grandparents and aunt. Along with us came by dad, his fiancé, and my two brothers. After a long day of traveling on Thursday we finally arrived at my Aunts house. I checked in way earlier than the rest, although it was 2:30 when I went to sleep! Friday morning I got up, knowing that I was going to take a pregnancy test. After all, I would now be at 26 days in my cycle, and I just couldn't wait any longer. I got up before everyone else, not intentionally, but it was nice. I went to the bathroom to take my shower and put my contacts in, and while there did my thing with the test, hehe. Less than a minute later the results came on screen......... "PREGNANT". I nearly fell over! I immediately ran into the bedroom where Darren was sleeping to show him. He had gone to bed only 4 1/2 hours earlier, so was a little out of it when I woke him up. I remember saying "Hunny... wake up! Look!!!!". He opened his eyes, I shoved the test in his face, and then it was like a light bulb went off! We hugged, kissed, I cried.. you know. Then I remembered that I hadn't even flushed the toilet and I had left the bathroom door wide open, haha. So I ran back in, took my shower then came back to the bedroom. We couldn't believe it. I don't think I could believe it if I tried.


I called my mom and told her and she was equally as excited! The whole morning Darren said I looked happier than I had in a long time. Well, duh! ;-) We decided to not tell anyone else at the time because it was still way early and I had only taken one test, and well, tests can be wrong! Cristina texted me after lunch and asked if I had tested, so I had to answer! I couldn't hold in the good news! She suggested that I take another test right then because then it would really prove to be positive as your hcg is highest in the morning. I went to my grandparent's bathroom, did my deal again, and a minute later.... 2 pink lines!!!! I was ecstatic! This had to mean it was true, we really were pregnant!


We kept our good news a secret as long as we could - which was not long at all! As soon as we got back to Texas we bought picture frames for our parents. They say "A grandchild is a gift from above, one to cherish and to love." We then took the fake picture out and turned it around and wrote "Picture to arrive somewhere around March 27, 2011!! Love, Kristen, Darren, and Baby Hillger". We wrapped them up and left one for my dad for when he returned from New York. The other we wrapped up and had Andrea & Scotty come over to open. We told them that we had a present for them from New York, hehe... So they came over, and we gave them the frame. They opened it and Andrea immediately says "oh my gosh!" and then starts crying! They were both very excited! They've been waiting to be grandparents for a while now (oops!), and they knew what trouble we were having, so it was even more exciting to them!


When my dad got home he opened his frame. He called me and said "Hey, it's gramps!". hehe.. Him, Maggie, and my brother Adam were all super excited! I was so thrilled that everyone was so happy for us! We then planned out who we were going to tell next. We knew we had to tell Darren's brother and his wife Leslie, because they too knew about our journey. We called them and Darren told Trey that he was going to be an uncle! Trey said some cuss words, hehe, and Leslie started bawling and then talked to me for like 30 minutes. Needless to say they were equally as excited as everyone else!


We are looking forward to our first doctors appointment. Right now it still doesn't feel real. My only symptoms are that my boobs hurt and are huge, lol. I had cramping for a few days but that subsided. I never had any spotting, thank goodness! I'm tired, but that was to be expected! I still can't believe it..... I keep having to tell myself that this is really happening. God knew all along when we were going to be parents, and unfortunately I was not patient enough to wait on him. It's funny how everything falls in to place... Speaking of! We're moving! Right before we left for New York we got a call from the owner of that big country house that we wanted to rent (I think I talked about it in an earlier post) that we were first in line if we wanted it! The price was DEFINITELY right.... I'm talking cheap for a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom, 2 living area, 4 car garage, on about 300 acres. We said yes of course, and little did we know that we would be needing more room!!!!! Ah, I still can't believe it! We are waiting until after our first doctors appointment to tell other friends, and then probably we'll tell facebook too, hehe. It's so hard to keep it a secret! We want to shout from the rooftops! We'll definitely keep this blog updated from now on with new developments and other wonderful things! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Loved the pictures and the story of it all. Thanks for the study break I SHOULD HAVE gotten yesterday. ; )

    Can't wait to see that belly bump start growing! You're gonna be the cutest pregnant lady eva.

    ReplyDelete