Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Early Pregnancy Revelations

Before I was even pregnant I bought just about a million books on pregnancy. Ok, I lied, it was 3... but that seemed like a lot at the time. They all tell you the same thing: When you're early on you'll be tired, your boobs will hurt, and you'll be nauseous. Only some of them tell you other things, so I decided to make my own list. My "symptoms", if you will, have been typical, and luckily I am still escaping the (cue scary music) monster that is morning sickness. Anyway, here are my pregnancy revelations:

- My boobs hurt, all of the time. Going over a bump in the road, or walking really fast, is a bad idea, and it hurts. This makes sleeping very difficult. You can't lay on your stomach, duh, and even laying on your side squishes one of the girls enough to wear it hurts too bad. I have to find that perfect position and that usually takes a while.

- I pee all of the time. As if I didn't have a small enough bladder before! Now I probably go every hour to hour and a half, depending on my liquid intake.... which by the way, you're not supposed to decrease your fluid intake, as the baby needs water, so you'll just have to deal with going to the bathroom more! Oh, and this makes sleeping even MORE difficult.

- My skin is terrible. Now, it's never been great, but now I am so oily and I am breaking out all over. Thank you hormones....

- I'm hungry all of the time. I now eat breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. No lie. If only I had had this appetite pre-pregnancy, maybe I could have gained some weight!

- Google is my best friend. Every time something is weird or I think it might be harmful, or I just wanna know if it's normal... I google. I also frequent baby/pregnancy sites such as babycenter.com and parents.com. They're my friends.

- Keeping my pregnancy a secret is just about the hardest thing ever. I have already leaked out to a bunch more people than I had originally planned... oops. It's just so hard! Especially when people ask... I mean, what am I supposed to do? Tell them no I'm not pregnant? I don't think so!

- I'm tired all of the time..... speaking of, it's almost 10pm which is my new bedtime. Yes, you heard me right, 10pm. Oh, and I also take a nap at lunch now. And, when I get off of work I feel as if I could take a nap then too!

So, that's about all that I have come to realize so far. I'm sure more things will pop up and change as I get further into my pregnancy. Oh joy! =) Darren has been amazing... seriously, amazing. Last night I got a full body massage! Ahhh... Well, time for bed now! Goodnight!

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. " ~Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment