Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

50

Happy 50th Post, blog! No, I don't count - blogger does for me! It saddens me that there have now been 50 posts, none of which have been about us actually being pregnant with Baby Hillger. Oh well, such is life. (Do you like my attitude today?!)

Today was cd20, so I had to go back to Carylon's office to have my blood drawn to check my progesterone. While waiting for the, we'll call her blood lady because I don't know her title and that's all she's done for me, there were 3 girls in the waiting room that I was eavesdropping on. All looked to be about 17 or so at the most. One of the girls was filling out her paperwork and the other two were just friends along for the ride I guess. Apparently the young girl had just found out she was pregnant and was coming for her first appointment. While filling out her papers she turned to her friend and asked "what's a pap smear?!". OMG. I nearly lost it. Now I know I may have been more advanced than others when I was a teenager because my mom, but come on... You're pregnant and you don't know what a pap smear is? You're not even old enough to start going to get one? And I'm not pregnant?!?!?! So, I had a mini pity-party and then told myself to get over it because I was wasting my thoughts being frustrated by that girl. Oye.

Everyone's asking me when we'll find out if this round was successful or not. It's just as hard for others to wait as it is for us! Last night while shopping, Andrea and I walked through the kids section and ooo-ed and awww-ed over all of the cute little kid clothes. Mainly girls clothing. For some reason little girl's clothes are just so much cuter! hehe.. It's sad to me that they are so ready to be grandparents and we're not delivering - no pun intended. Oh, I crack myself up. ;-)

In other news, it's still raining like crazy, Jessica's baby shower is tomorrow, and yes I am going.... and that's about it! We have less than a week until New York and I can hardly contain my excitement! I forget if I've blogged about this yet or not, but while there I hired a photographer to come to my grandparents house to take family portraits for us. I am pumped. We have never, I repeat, never... not even at my wedding... taken a Farrington family portrait. It is very important to me since we don't know how much longer we'll have my grandparents with us as their health is fading. They are in their mid 80's after all. So, this will be awesome. She's a great photographer, from what I've seen on her website, so I am really looking forward to it! Lastly, I started (again) getting everything together for my application to A&M for my master's... eek! I'm ready to get it all in probably in the next few weeks! Whoop!

Next week maybe we'll know more. Judging from my progesterone level we should also have some sort of inclination whether Aunt Flow is on her way or my body is preparing for baby!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. ~Psalms 62: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment