Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God's Plan

Let me tell you a little story, about how Darren and I were meant to be together... I know, awww... Seriously though, I just felt like sharing this today when I'm doing a little soul searching to determine where God's plan is going to take us next!

~ First, Darren and I were both born in Midland Memorial Hospital, and delivered by the SAME doctor... 2 and a half years apart no less.
~ We had the same pediatrician growing up
~ We grew up less than 30 minutes from each other, attended the same dances and parties at church, played on the same playgrounds, hung out with some of the same kids, went on field trips to the same places..
~ We babysat the same kids, at different times of course
~ I moved off to Dallas and San Antonio but kept in touch with my good friend Melissa from Greenwood - which hardly ever happens, but this was a necessity to carry out the rest of the plan!
~ After getting in to 3 Universities I decided to attend A&M, the one school who didn't give me any scholarships
~ Darren and I met before school even started, and the day we met was the same day that my horse Nancy passed away. My mom claims that I was losing one love and gaining another on the same day.

Now I know that it may not seem that crazy, but to us it is so neat to see how everything lined up for us to meet. Since the day we saw each other we knew that we had met our soulmates.... cheesy, I know... but really and truly, it was all a part of God's plan. I am so blessed to have Darren in my life. I don't know where I'd be without him!

All of these crazy realizations came later in life of course, in fact we didn't know about the whole OB thing until right before our wedding when my mom was talking to Darren's mom! However, we're pretty proud of it, and I just felt like sharing!

Now, I wish I could see right now what God has in store for us. I'm just praying it doesn't involve any long struggles! We shall see!

"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."
~ Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment