Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reagan's First Two Weeks

The past two weeks have been a complete whirlwind. I don't even know today's date to be quite honest! All I know is that it is Thursday, and I know that because Reagan had her two week checkup today! I am happy to report that she received a clean bill of health! She is now weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces (32%), is 20" long (40%), and her head was a tiny 13" (8%). She has been a relatively easy baby, just like her brother was, but she does have her moments!

We had a hard time at first figuring out how to feed her to satisfy her. By that I mean that she is super gassy and so needs burping quite often or else you're in trouble! When my milk came in I was horribly engorged and she couldn't latch on. Darren and I decided the easiest thing to do would be for me to pump and feed her, since she couldn't even latch on! It turned out to be great! We slept so well that night! ;-) Now I am pumping and also breast feeding her. She does well at both, so long as you burp her frequently! Every once in a while she will have a spell of gassiness where it seems nothing makes her happy, but we're learning to cope with it! She's going about 3 hours between feedings, sometimes 4. At first I was waking her up and setting an alarm.... now I just let her go! The longest we have gone was 5 hours, and that was glorious! I don't remember each feeding taking so long with Clayton. I'll be awake for at least an hour at a time, sometimes longer. And then when I do finally put her down she grunts and squeaks for a good 10 minutes before she's out. So, nights have been pretty rough. Thankfully I've been able to catch some naps during the day while Clayton is sleeping!

It's been so fun to watch Clayton with his little sister. He loves her already and knows just who "sister" is when we ask! He gives her kisses all of the time and wants to rock her when she is in her bouncer... oh boy! ;-) More like catapult her! haha! We keep her bouncer in a pack n play in the game room so that he can't always get to her. This morning he poked her.. that was fun. haha. It's just a new experience every day! But, he really has been great with her!

Reagan still doesn't like her baths, mostly because she hates to be naked! That girl is too funny! When changing she starts to fuss as soon as you take her clothes off. As soon as they are back on - happy baby! She has been doing great at controlling her head, in fact she is really strong! She could already lift her head in the hospital. Now she can lay on our chests and lift and turn both directions without flopping around. It's impressive but nerve wracking, haha! She is not a paci baby like her brother was/is yet. She will take one but it's not her favorite!

Although we are overly tired, and two crying babies (yes they like to cry at the same time) is so emotionally toiling, we still thank God for our blessings. We know He would never give us more than we could handle. Now it's up to us to be the best parents that we can be. And, thank goodness my mom has been here to help. haha! ;-) Don't know what we'll do without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment