Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Right time, Wrong time

I wish there was a distinctly defined (redundant, oh well) right time to become pregnant. More so, I wish that when it was the right time that your body instantly knew that it was and you became pregnant! Maybe there is, and maybe my body is saying this is not it. Either way, I wish it would hurry up and give me an answer... patience - man, that has become the theme of this blog, hasn't it?

I was thinking about natural family planning, what the church teaches us, and how it may be good for some, and not for others. First off, when we went through our classes, our lady told us that it was ok if we didn't go through nfp because really you should only have kids, or attempt to have kids, when you are fully ready. Nfp is no guarantee, by any means. Some people have great success with it, as you get in tune with your body and your cycle. However, for someone like me it would most likely fail! Haha... Me, with no apparent regularity to my cycles, would most likely be lost and not know what to do. Luckily for us, we had our own choices on how to plan our family, until August when we decided it was time to start trying.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I'm glad that we waited as long as we did before we started trying. It really was so wonderful for us to be able to grow together emotionally and spiritually as a married couple - husband and wife - just the two of us. Again, I know that's not for everyone, but for us it was truly wonderful.

I have definitely gone off on a tangent of sorts, so I apologize. I just hope our children know how much they were wanted and loved before they were even born.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you…” – Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment