Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Big...Fat...Negative.

I'm beginning to really dislike digital pregnancy tests. You take them, wait 3 minutes, and then the nice little screen comes up and tells you exactly what you don't want to hear: "Not Pregnant". I mean, couldn't they be a little more sensitive? Like, say, "Sorry Charlie", or "Try Again Next Time", kinda like a magic eight ball? ;-) Ok, maybe that was a stretch. I know there are people in the world who take pregnancy tests and sigh with such huge relief when that test comes back negative. In some ways that makes me sad, but I understand that people are always at different points in their lives... Babies are a gift from God, but they definitely are not for everyone, lol.

We thought this time was really the time. I felt pregnant - I guess. I mean, I don't know what that feels like unfortunately! My mom had a dream that I got pregnant in February last year. She even thought this was the time. And, maybe it will turn out to be.... I'm still jumping the gun in my opinion and Carylon, my obgyn and awesome aunt-extraordinaire, says that it could be possible that I ovulated late, and therefor my body has not had time to produce enough of the hcg hormone to register positive on a pregnancy test. So, we'll wait for either my period to come, or I'll go in and do a blood test. So, right now, we just sit and wait. Man, God is really testing this patience thing, huh?

Darren continues to be amazing throughout this process. I hate to call it a process. I'll rephrase to say "journey". Just as we will eventually begin a journey to parenthood, so must we take a journey to get to that point! I have some amazing friends who have been supportive as well, both are pregnant, and I am so happy for them! Cristina and Kimberly are two awesome women, and will be/are awesome moms! It's been nice to have someone to talk to besides my mom and Darren. We are still keeping it a secret to everyone else though - so when you all eventually read this, you can get mad at me then! ;-)

In other news, we're already considering moving! Haha... I told Darren that I don't know if we can survive through another winter in this old house. Well, we probably could, but our pocketbooks would not. The insulation is terrible. Oh, and then there is the fact that propane, which is what our heater and water heater are on, is now 2.60 a gallon. 100 gallons lasts about 3 weeks, if you don't run the heater all that much. That gets to be pretty expensive! Darren's childhood friend, Tyler, and his family moved to Burnett about 4 years ago. There house was sold to a man here who barely lived in it, and just recently he resold the house to Melissa's Uncle, who live right across the street from Eco-Drip. He told us that he bought the land and house to rent out - PERFECT! It's a 2 story, big house, a lot more modern than this one, on about 70 acres set back from the highway. Oh, and right across from work! How nice would that be? We'd have plenty of room for all of our eventual babies! More than one bathroom and no propane heater is all I needed to hear! We'll see how much it will cost, and then determine if we can afford to move. In the mean time we will be saving as much as we can to start building our dream house in 5-7 years.

Well, I should get going - this one has been lengthy!

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment