Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Yesterday I celebrated my first Mother's Day with my husband and son. I feel so incredibly blessed to have been given the gift of being a mother. I couldn't help but remember all day how I felt this time last year. I remember how my heart ached because I was not a mother yet. I remember praying that I would become a mother, and now my prayers have been answered and I have a beautiful, sweet, wonderful baby boy.

After church with my son and our eternal mother, Mary!
My day was interesting to say the least! Darren was super sweet and bought me a Willow Tree statue that is called "Our Gift", which is of a mom, dad, and their new baby. He also gave me a very sweet card with the most loving words written inside. I also received a card from my brothers and their girlfriends that had a "New Mom" pin attached to the front. I admit, I teared up a little when I opened the card from them! It was so sweet of them to think of me! We got up and got ready for church first thing. Once we got to church our day turned.. well... read on. We parked and I got out first, trying to open the back door to get the diaper bag out. Darren was still getting out of the front so I knocked and told him to unlock the back. He hit the button, threw the keys back in the seat (since we don't ever need to lock our vehicle out in GC), then shut his door. Well..... the back door was not unlocked, and he had in fact hit the lock button. Our keys were now locked in the car. And that's not the worst of it... Clayton was still in his car seat in the back. Cue panic attack! Darren called our deputy (One of the many benefits of living in a small town is that we know all law enforcement!). Scott literally hauled butt out there to us since Darren told him that Clayton was still in the car. He made it in less than 10 minutes to St. Lawrence and was able to get the jeep unlocked in about a minute. Hooray! Clayton was happily sitting in his car seat, looking around. =) What a good baby! SOOO, we were a tad late to church but still enjoyed the service. At the end of the mass they had all of the mothers come up for a special blessing and to receive a rose. It was so nice to get to go up there! After church we went to the in-laws house for some lunch. Another interesting moment... Somehow the grill started fire and our food was charred. It was still edible but it was a little scary for a second because the flames were so high! We enjoyed our meal over there and spending time with Darren's parents. We then came home and were lazy and lounged around our house. Poor Clayton was still not pooping as of yesterday so was slightly fussier than normal. Regardless he was still cute and smiled at me a few times which made the day even better!

All in all it really was a great day... more so for the fact that I am a mother now. I really don't care about the presents and what not.. it was just so nice to spend the day with those that I love the most! I wish my mom was still here to celebrate with her though!

Speaking of those that I love the most... I have the best mom and mother in law in the whole world. They really are. Both of them are amazing mothers and are so loving. They are such great role models for me, and I hope to be half as great a mother as they are.

Love this photo!

 I can't wait to celebrate Mother's Day for years to come. I know that each year I will remember how truly blessed I am. I continue to pray for all of those out there who are still waiting to become a mother. I hope all of your mothers had a wonderful day! Count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment