Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What to say?

Interesting thing I found out while blog searching today - it's National Infertility Awareness Week. And this is the week I chose to tell my in-laws about our problems?! How freaky is that? I found some interesting blogs today where the writer tells about their infertility issues and how they deal with them. Some make me feel like a complete idiot for being upset that it's been 9 months of trying with no result. I mean, these women have experienced hell. Some have been trying for 5+ years, with countless miscarriages, etc etc. It's very sad. Then I think of others around me, like our friend/distant cousin Shelby who's been trying for over 2 years, and had one miscarriage. I can only hope and pray that our journey does not take us that far. My new blog that I like to read called this week her "coming out" week, haha, and I guess we will be doing just what she asks us to do on her post.

So, I'm going to use this time to brainstorm what I would like to tell my family tomorrow. How do you even begin? "Hey, guess what? We've been trying to have a baby and haven't been successful yet." ??? I mean, really?! I don't know what we should say. We're mostly just going to tell them that it has been difficult for us, and that we would like for them to pray for us. It's frustrating too because we're not even sure that there is a problem yet - we're just guessing that there is. And who knows, maybe I'll turn up pregnant after this month.... but something inside of me does not want to be positive anymore. I don't see how some women can take let down after let down. They are so strong, so inspiring. Some blogs have happy endings. Two that I read today had recent posts where the women were pregnant, and posted their sonogram pictures. That's awesome. One even said that she hoped it wouldn't make her other infertile readers leave after hearing of her news. How could you not be happy for someone who just found out they were pregnant after trying for a while? That's crazy!

Anyway.... Brian & Jessica should have found out by now whether they are having a boy or girl. They are having a party this weekend to let everyone know what it will be, and we're going to attend. It'll be hard, I'm sure, but we need to be there to support our family. In other news, my mom is hopefully going to have an interview with a vet clinic in San Antonio and I am super pumped. It would make life SO incredibly better if she was in Texas! Let's hope and pray they call her soon to set up a time!

PS... did you know that doctors consider you infertile after one year of trying with no success? Ouch.... =(

"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."
~Psalm 33:22

No comments:

Post a Comment