Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Better Place

This has definitely been one of the hardest days I've had to experience in a while. After checking on our family dog yesterday, I was sure he'd be ok until today when we could take him in to the vet. This morning he was in so much pain. He was out of it, and crying a lot. It broke my heart. We loaded him up and Andrea and I took him to Big Spring to the vet there. After waiting about 30 minutes to see the doctor because we were a walk-in, Dr. Burt examined him briefly and laid down the news.... He had tumors, one had ruptured, which were causing him to have trouble walking, and maggots had gotten in there. It would take a lot to clean him all up, and even then, because it was tumors it would cost a lot of money and it wouldn't even be giving him a clean bill of health. He was 14 years old, so the vet suggested we just put him down. I knew that was what was going to happen, but it seriously broke my heart when they told me. I had put that he was my dog when I filled out the paperwork, so I had to sign to authorize the euthanasia. Talk about the HARDEST thing to do EVER. I never ever ever ever ever want to have to do something like that again. Andrea and I cried, and pet him constantly while they administered the shot. I've never had to witness one of our animals pass away.... this killed me. I'm still sad and I miss him so much already. He was so awesome.... =(


We love you Deets, and we miss you so much! Please watch over us from Heaven!

"Everything that exists in heaven or earth shall find its perfection and fulfillment in Christ." ~Ephesians 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment