Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

24 Week Survey

The 24 Week Survey

How far along?: 23 weeks and 6 days! HELLO VIABILITY!

Total weight gain:  About 16 pounds!

How big is baby?: Around a foot long, and a whopping pound and a half! Think ear of corn, hehe..

Maternity clothes?: Yuppers! Even my rubber band trick is starting to fail me. Some jeans just simply can't be worn anymore! And some tops are way too short!

Stretch marks?: Still none... I've been checking!

Sleep: He woke me up twice this week in the middle of the night. And then during my nap today he wouldn't stop kicking me so that I could rest, hehe!

Best moment this week: We got our bedding in that Nana (my mom) and Papa Steve (my step-dad) got us! It's awesome and we can't wait to start decorating! Oh, I also got a super cute dress for $9 at Target!

Movement: Anytime I sit still.... like now!

Food cravings: I really wanted my cream cheese chicken enchilladas, so I made them! And they were yuuuumy!

Gender: A precious baby boy!

Labor Signs: Negative!

Belly Button in or out?
: Barely an innie.... like, BARELY!

What I miss:
Not feeling overwhelmed. Right now I keep thinking of all of the stuff we have to buy/get done/etc before baby boy is here, and it's daunting!

What I am looking forward to: Thinking a little far in advance, but my baby shower! We're trying to pick a date right now!

Weekly Wisdom:
Start a savings account when you're like 5 years old for your potential future children. haha! Babies are expensive! Trying to have a baby is expensive! Doctors appointments are expensive! Oye!

Milestones: Your baby is now so fully formed that he would be capable of living outside the womb if an emergency arose. His lungs, though still very immature, could breathe air if need be. Though the brain is much more formed now, the cerebral cortex--the place in the brain responsible for the most sophisticated mental activity (thoughts, consciousness, memory, language)--is not yet functional. The complex human brain, which makes us so different from other primates and mammals, takes much longer to come out of the embryonic stage than any other part of the fetus. In fact, a baby's brain will not be fully formed until after cooking for nine months in the womb and living outside the womb for about a year, during which time it will nearly triple in size!

Looking plump!

Ok, still showing the bare belly for you all... for now!

Fun(?) Facts:
- Hips: 36"
- Breasts: 38", pretty sure I mis-measured last week.
- Waist at belly button: 36" and a little
- Current weight: 129.3

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen you look just beautiful and tee tiny! I mean it! I know to you you feel really big but to me you look little bitty. I am so happy for you two and I love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen!!!! You look amazing! Your baby bump is so dang cute. I love your bare belly pictues, but even if you stop posting them you should definitely keep taking them! I cant wait to see you when I come home again!

    ReplyDelete