Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lent

This year I am making my Lenten penance/fasting/almsgiving public. Why? Because I want accountability! Not only with the Lord, but with my friends and family. A few weeks ago I started a morning workout class entitled "Amazing Life" by Body & Soul Fitness. We begin each session (at 5:30am) with a scripture reading, a lesson, and then a prayer. All of our workout is done to contemporary Christian music. I LOVE IT. It has really brought me to see life in a new perspective. I do have an Amazing Life.

This leads me to Lent.... this year I am going to pray every day, and try my absolute hardest, to not complain. Yes.... me. No complaining. I'm serious! I really feel as if this will be a challenge for me, but I am ready to take it on with help from prayer. When I get up at 5am to go to my workout class I think "man, this is early!", but hey... I got up this morning! God decided to continue my lease on life! I have two beautiful children and an amazing husband. I have a roof over my head and food on my table. We have clean clothes and running water. Little things like that may not seem important - but to those that do not have those luxuries.... wow.

So, please remind me if you hear me slipping.... no complaining! Be thankful in all things!

For another perspective: http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2011/11/patti-armstrong-be-thankful-in-all-things/

“In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment