Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You and Me

Darren and I have been married for 2 years, 2 months, and some odd days. 3 years ago yesterday is when Darren proposed to me after a wonderful dinner in downtown Bryan. It's amazing how fast time flies. Now that we're trying to expand our little family, I wanted to recall all of our alone time together. ;-)

If it had been up to me, we would have been pregnant after our honeymoon! I have always felt a lot older than my age, and just want to be a mom so bad! However, I would not have done this any differently in retrospect. These past two years have been amazing. I never knew that I could love my husband more than I did when we started dating, got engaged, were married, etc..... It just keeps getting better! Spending time alone has been fabulous. We've been able to really find our niche, and grow together emotionally and spiritually. I'm not saying this wouldn't have been possible with a child, but it has just allowed us for that special time together. I am so glad that we have had this time together. Of course it's fun also to climb in to bed whenever you feel like it, cook a date night meal at home, or sleep in on weekends! I'm pretty sure with a child we wouldn't really be able to do that, lol. I feel so lucky to have spent this time as newlyweds - now on to the next step!

This really to me is the perfect time to start our family. We are so much in love. It's ridiculous. I am so blessed! We are finally both working, we're settled in to our house in Garden City, and we're so excited and ready to be parents! Hopefully God feels the same way! It's up to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment