Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Darren's First Father's Day!

This year Father's Day was a wonderful and joyous day. Last year it just so happened to be my LMP. For any boy readers I decided to abbreviate. ;-) This year Darren had his super cute son to celebrate with! We spent the day rounding out our weekend in Ruidoso. We went to the horse races for some fun and gambling before making the long 6 hour drive back home. We had a lot of fun at the races! I won on both of my bets! I must be good at picking horses.. hehe. We probably only made a few bucks, but it was fun! Clayton was all smiles for his Daddy yesterday! After stopping in Roswell to feed Clayton and get gas, Darren stayed in the backseat just to play with Clayton. It was so sweet! I bought Darren a tervis mug (you know the kind that don't sweat?) that says "Best Dad Ever". I also got him a picture frame that says Dad all over it and put a picture of our cute little 3 person family in it! He also received this book about the... get this... Soviet/Finnish winter war of 1939 that he was been wanting. Hehehe... my little nerd. ;-) So, I think he was pretty satisfied with his gifts! I think the best though was the onesie that I made for Clayton that said "I'm the best father's day present!". He looked so cute and everyone agreed that he definitely was the best present! =)


We feel so blessed to have Clayton in our lives this year. This time last year was such a frustrating time as I was making our appointment with the RE in Lubbock, taking clomid, and we didn't know where the road would take us. It is truly amazing to see how much life has changed in the past year!

A Father's Day post would not be complete without mentioning the other main men in my life. I have the BEST dad, dad-in-law, and step-dad anyone could ask for! They are all such great father's to me and their own kids. =D I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment